Manufacture Your Day by LEARNING TO BE SELF-MOTIVATED
People often think inspiration and motivation are overrated. Well, they’re certainly not.
Just think about it, how can you get through difficult times without seeing light an the end of the tunnel? What’s missing is the hope for a better tomorrow.
Most people work their way through difficulty by being angry, upset, frustrated, or anxious. They have no idea how to control their emotional state and that’s how they live their life. Day in and day out.
Have you ever heard the acronym GIGO?
This means “garbage in, garbage out” and is a concept common to computer science and mathematics. The quality of the output is determined by the quality of the input.
The same is true with your mind.
Feeding your mind good (and positive) stuff has the same importance as your daily tasks because this will help you to stabilize your emotional state.
I stopped to watch the news more than 16 years ago because I was in a constant state of fear and uncertainty. As a result, I am calmer, happier and more productive than ever. You can be informed without being inundated with negativity. Am I right?
If you would learn more, read the article “Five Reasons Why Consuming News Excessively is Bad for Your Health”.
Do you know what I am talking about?
You can get new insights, ideas and motivation from so many different sources.
Here are some ideas:
- reading new books
- reading my daily blog of course
- subscribing to my YouTube Channel
- writing your thoughts down to gain clarity of what you truly want
- reflecting on what you have learned at the end of the business day (you can learn from other people, your mistakes, situations and outcomes)
- watching inspirational videos such as TED talks
- spending time in the self-help section of your local book store
- finding great character role models
- looking for a mentor (skill and character)
- learning from others who think different than you do
- exploring new places in your neighbourhood
- pushing yourself out of your comfort zone
- trying something new
- doing something that you’re really afraid of doing
If you never leave your world, you will never discover a new one.
Make it your goal to motivate yourself and inspire others by being the best you can be.
Life is too short to be in a grumpy mood all day long. Your mental habits will either make you or break you.
Food for Thought:
Nobody owes you anything. You have to take responsibility for your life. Own it!
Read this article: