Manufacture Your Day by UNDERSTANDING THE POWER OF A MORNING ROUTINE
It is the beginning of a day and your intentions and your expectations of this day matter. They matter a lot.
What is your thought process when you start a new day/week/month/ year?
- Is it “same old, same old” or
- do you look for opportunities and exciting possibilities?
Make sure to watch my video by clicking the link below:
We have to be intentional when we want to be in the right frame of mind.
Here are a few things you should do every morning to start your day right.
- Wake up on time and before you get out of bed, give thanks to a few things you are grateful for.
- Work out – if you are short on time invest at least 10 minutes to do some push-ups, a plank, squats, abs exercises, lunges, jumping jacks, yoga or stretching. The energy you will receive is priceless.
- Eat breakfast at home instead of drinking coffee in the car.
- Smile as much as you can on your way to work – listen to funny stories, think about something funny, think about positive and funny people at work.
- It does not matter if you work from home right now or if you go to the office/plant, think about having positive energy.
- Say “good morning”/”hello” to everyone you see.
- Make use of 5 “power minutes” and tell as many people as possible what you appreciate about them – this works also well via phone or video call.
- Give a virtual “high-five” to someone who solved a problem the previous day.
- Attend a zoom meeting and observe people’s facial expressions – many people deal with a lot of stress at the moment. Mental health awareness is important.
- Make sure to give and receive regular constructive feedback (what is good about the person and how can they do better).
Can you see the benefit of living more intentionally at home and at work?
If you work on having positive thoughts, it will eventually become a habit. If you have good thoughts, you will see more kind people and you will have more happy moments. Nobody else will do this for you.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Please make the time to watch this short video: