I say it like it is! Customer Service in Canada sucks!
You own a business or you manage a department and you want your customers to be satisfied, to come back for more products or services, and to tell others great things about your company. What are the special things you do?
Can you promise first class quality? What about delivery on time? How long does the phone ring before you pick up? Do you return phone calls within 24 hours? Is your receptionist the director of first impression or someone who is barely able to speak English?
I am always surprised how many companies who don’t seem to care about the customer still manage to survive?
In some companies it almost seems that they think…. If we don’t take care of the customers, maybe they will stop bugging us.
Does this have anything to do with lack of training? Do we hire the wrong people? Is it a lack of understanding that the customer provides us with job security?
If you cannot open the link, please copy and paste to your web browser.
How to improve?
1. Get a person to pick up the phone who is polite and knowledgeable.
2. Don’t promise something if you can’t keep the promise!
3. Listen and show a sincere interest in your customer (even if it is an internal customer).
4. Deal with complaints immediately.
5. Add your personal signature to the job.
6. Be ALWAYS helpful and knowledgeable – customer is always right.
I would like to hear your opinion on this topic!