Manufacture Your Day by NOT BEING LAZY
Make sure to watch my video by clicking the link below:
VIDEO → How to Stop Being Lazy ← VIDEO
Have you ever felt lazy? I know I have and sometimes it is good to go a little bit into energy-saving mode.
However, if you are in a leadership position, it isn’t good to stay there for too long because leading people comes with great responsibility.
It is difficult to ask people to do something that you cannot deliver yourself and if it is only to have a great attitude.
Years ago one of my coachees said to me:
“Karin, I would like to give this guy a promotion and make him the General Manager of this plant. Unfortunately, some of these guys cannot handle the title and more money. I have seen it before, after a promotion, they think they have earned the right to coast and their head is getting too big.”
At the time I thought this was just an excuse to hold a person back from a well-deserved promotion BUT he was right.
Some people really shift gears and stop striving for more because in their mind they have “arrived”. John C. Maxwell calls it “Destination Disease”.
This is when performance management becomes really important. Without constructive feedback, people at all levels in an organization will become stagnant.
People in a leadership position must have good energy, an optimistic outlook and the drive to make things happen.
If you experience a lack of drive or motivation, answer the following questions:
- Why do you come to work every day? If money is the only reason, you may want to rethink your career.
- How do you manage your levels of stress? If a car runs out of gas, you have to drive to the gas station. The same is true for you. If your energy level is down, how do you refill it?
- With respect to values (i.e. health, family, freedom, relationships, honesty, integrity, respect, service), what is important to you in your life? If you never think about that, it’s difficult to get your priorities straight.
- What do you want? Most people know what they don’t like, don’t have and don’t want and they speak about this all day. Learn to focus on your wants, set goals, make a plan and follow that plan.
- What are you excited about in your life? If there is nothing that comes to mind, make sure to try new things and see what you like and enjoy. Life is meant to be appreciated and experienced.
Give yourself permission to experience life to the fullest. Life is short. Make sure to live it rather than choosing to be bored and lazy.
Food for Thought:
“How often do you find yourself saying, “In a minute”, “I’ll get to it” or “Tomorrow’s good enough” and every other possible excuse in the book?
Book your Leadership Coach or Corporate Training / Webinars today.
Contact us via email or phone today by clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube Channel yet? Click here!