Manufacture Your Day by KNOWING IT IS OKAY TO REST
Many people took some time off over the holidays but you may not be one of them. If you feel tired, please know this is quite normal. 2020 has been an exhausting year and everyone is feeling it.
There is so
- much uncertainty
- much massive change
- many new circumstances
and most people don’t know how to deal with it. Making decisions on things that we have never experienced before requires more conscious thinking.
Today I would like to give you reminders what to be mindful about:
- Learn to become more present in your daily activities.
- Pause before you respond and remind yourself to be kind.
- You’re allowed to set your boundaries by learning to say “No”.
- Schedule some “me-time” for self-care in your calendar.
- Make a list of things that can help you to shift your energy.
- Be aware what you give your attention to – the positive or the negative.
- Set-backs are meant to help you reflect and learn how to do it better.
- Make time for exercise – if you lose your health, you have nothing.
- Not everything you think is actually true.
- Avoid feeling guilty when you need to rest.
We are all different but if you feel that you need some rest, laying on the couch in front of the TV may actually make you feel more sluggish and less rested.
Please know that if you feel mentally tired, it may affect your sleep. If you’re physically tired because of exercise, it will help you to sleep better.
Stress, anxiety and depression can lead to insomnia. If you cannot sleep properly, it may affect your sex drive, loss of focus, can cause you not to think clearly, lead to weight gain and it can weaken your immune system.
What do I recommend for proper rest?
- Ideally about 7 hours of sleep
- Give yourself permission to relax
- A 10 – 15 minute nap (not longer) can be really refreshing
- Spending time in nature is a great way to strengthen the immune system
- Meditation, yoga or a walk can help you feel relaxed and rested
- Shorten your screen time
Allow yourself to rest. It is important for your health and well-being.
Food for Thought:
Will you give yourself permission to rest?
Please read the following article:
Book your Leadership Coach or Corporate Training / Webinars today.
Contact us via email or phone today by clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube Channel yet? Click here!