Manufacture Your Day by THINKING OUTSIDE (NO BOX REQUIRED)
In Canada is a long weekend and we have “family day” today.
My family and I like to spend as much time outdoors as we can. This picture was taken this weekend and it had minus 17 degrees. Being Austro-Canadian I know that it’s only a matter of wearing the right clothes to be able to do activities outside the house when it’s cold.
- I walk to connect with myself and my family.
- I walk for stress relief.
- I walk for good energy and positive vibration.
- I walk to enjoy the present moment.
- I walk to keep my emotions in check.
- I walk to boost my immune system.
- I walk to be creative and innovative.
I am not sure about you but I have never had a great idea while sitting in the office.
My ideas come when I spend time in nature, when I run, skate, ski or when I go for a long walk.
I am waiting for that day when I see more walking meetings in organizations. This would be such a creativity and collaboration booster.
If you have too many ineffective and/or boring meetings, they can suffocate productivity and employee morale. I have also heard that sitting is the “new smoking”.
Ready to consider something different?
Here are some awesome reasons why you should take your next meeting for a walk:
- Employee Health:Walking helps dealing with emotional situations and it is great for our mental and physical health.
- Side by side: A greater connection can be established when managers and employees walk side by side.
- Get ready to be inspired: The outside environment can inspire creative thoughts, and people have a better opportunity to inspire each other. Yes, even in the winter.
- Walk to connect: People who walk and talk together have better energy, and collaborate better.
Are you ready to walk and talk? It will be a life changing experience.