Manufacture Your Day by TAKING SELF-DEVELOPMENT SERIOUSLY
Did you know that most people will choose unhappiness over uncertainty?
Many people feel frustrated, overwhelmed and sometimes even angry, but very few do something about it.
As you may know, I am a corporate trainer and executive coach for people who work in manufacturing companies. Just recently I conducted a survey because I was wondering how many people would be willing to invest in their own personal development themselves and how many think that the company should pay for it.
92% of the 32 people who responded to my survey said that the company should pay for it.
I found this very interesting. People leave their life in the hands of their employer. They hope that things will get better by chance.
When was the last time you personally invested in your self-development?
Our world so is fast paced, and it can definitely be overwhelming at times. People feel the pressure of getting better faster. That’s why it is so important that people have mental strategies in place, which they can put to work when life becomes challenging.
What does this mean? Let me give you an analogy….
An umbrella cannot stop the rain but if we have one, it will protect us and we can go for a walk in the rain. Having a mental strategy doesn’t prevent us from facing difficult situations but if we have one, we know how to deal with them.
It has been said that the actual situation we face is only 10%, and 90 % is how we respond to it.
I have observed that some people will be on a continuous self-improvement journey, and they will become better at dealing with difficult situations. Others won’t and over the course of a lifetime, they will become bitter.
How can you develop yourself?
- Become a member at Toastmasters
- Attend workshops, certification programs or webinars
- Watch educational videos (free)
- Listen to Audiobooks (free from the library) or Podcasts (free)
- Spend a lot of time in the self-help book section (free) or
- Hire a Coach
Today I would like to talk about coaching, which we know of course from the world of sports.
There are many types of coaching, such as fitness coaching, life coaching, leadership coaching, executive coaching, career coaching or mindset coaching – and it is a fast growing industry.
More and more people and companies invest in the power of coaching.
When I work with an organization, coaching is often offered to people who have the need to improve but that’s not how we should look at it.
Coaching helps individuals to
- create more self-awareness
- gain greater job and life satisfaction
- build confidence
- overcome fear, negativity and self-doubt
- collaborate better with others
- become more goal-oriented
- take responsibility and ownership for personal and professional results
- shift their perspective
According to a survey conducted by the ICF (International Coaching Federation) the outcomes attributed to coaching are:
- 62.4 % smarter goal setting
- 60.5 % more balanced life
- 57.1 % lower stress levels
- 52.4 % more self-confidence
- 43.3 % improvement in quality of life
- 39.5 % enhanced communication skills
- 35.7 % better project completion
- 25.7 % more income
If you choose to develop yourself, it will definitely help you to get further faster.
Food for Thought:
Will you take action and become better, or do nothing and become bitter?
Please read the article: