Manufacture Your Day by TAKING RISKS
If you have taken some risks in your life (I hope you have), then you know that every choice comes with a consequence.
Here are some of the risks I have taken:
- Leaving a well paid job in a bank in Austria because I thought “oops” is better than “what if” – consequence: many years of struggle for a life of meaning and fulfillment;
- Moving to Canada without a job, not even a work permit – consequence: I had to start over at age 34; what else is possible?
- Starting a business after being laid off with a 3 months severance package – consequence: no regular pay cheque and many lessons on overcoming fear and tapping into creativity;
- Living from month to month, not knowing how to pay the rent the next month – consequence: increased levels of stress but I knew why I chose this journey and miraculously I always got enough money in to make my payments. I guess I had the support of the Universe.
- Writing a book without knowing how to pay for the self-publishing and printing fees – consequence: getting booked as a speaker; if you learn to trust in your abilities, life has a way of working itself out;
- Signing up for an Ironman long-distance triathlon to push my limits – consequence: stronger body, stronger mind, stronger spirit;
What’s my point?
It is never a matter of age, gender, cultural background or education. You have to have guts but it will be worth it.
If you are not happy with the the quality of your life, I encourage you to take a calculated risks. You don’t have to be as crazy as I was.
Taking risks makes me feel alive. It is so easy to get stuck in a rut and settle for the ordinary.
“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T. S. Eliot
As I mentioned earlier, “Life has a way of working itself out.”