Manufacture Your Day by TAKING PRIDE IN WHAT YOU DO
I always learn something from the people I meet and yesterday I had an inspiring conversation with a team leader that deserves to be shared.
This team leader told me that he works alongside his team.
How nice is that?
Language does matter and how he said it, had an impact on me.
Over the years I have heard so many managers and supervisors talking about people who work under them. For the record, you have never people under you – except at a cemetery maybe.
When I asked him WHY he comes to work every day (besides money), he said:
- I take pride in any job I do (may it be sweeping the floor or doing something else) – I want to do it to the best of my ability
- I like when I put effort into something and I see the end result
- I like the sense of fulfillment I get from my job
- My people depend on me and I like it when I feel needed
I meet many people in my line of work but taking pride in what they do has unfortunately become very rare.
If you would like to start taking pride in your work, here is how to get started:
- Embrace your role – what you do and how you do matters, own it (even if it is only a stepping stone to the next level)
- Strive to be the best you can be – have good energy, learn and improve
- Recognize that you can be a difference maker – you have a voice, learn how to use it
- Radiate positive energy – your environment can be what you would like it to be, acknowledge your contribution
Ssssshhhhh…… This is just for your own level of self-satisfaction.