Manufacture Your Day by TAKING CONSISTENT ACTION
It’s Wednesday and it’s time for “Manufacturing Leadership Minute” with Karin.
Make sure to watch my video by clicking the link below:
It really doesn’t matter what we do every once in a while BUT it certainly matters what we do consistently.
Just recently a Manager said to me in one of our Manufacturing Leadership Training Programs, “Karin, I am afraid that I “over-appreciate” my team members. Can this happen?”
I looked at him and said, “This shouldn’t be one of your worries. I can report quite the opposite. People usually seem to be overworked and under-appreciated. Just go ahead and show your appreciation daily. Your efforts won’t go by unnoticed as long as you’re sincere.”
When I worked at Magna I had a Manager who shook my hand every evening to thank me for my help and my support. His name was Karl and I was his executive assistant in my early days at Magna. It was wonderful to work for and with him.
- made it very clear how I added value to his busy days.
- was sincere and respectful at all times.
- was consistent.
If you want to see the results that you want to see, you have to be consistent.
Of course, we can all be consistent by eating chocolate chip cookies and junk food on a daily basis and the scale will show that consistency (I am no exception and have my weak moments). However, the opposite is true as well. If you start to make healthier food choices and exercise regularly, you feel healthier and happier in no time. I promise!
Consistency matters in every aspect of our life.
Here is a friendly reminder of what matters most:
Our Physical and Mental Health
- eat healthy and nutritious food
- walk (with your dog or without) and be mindful of the wonders of nature
Our Family and Friends
- check-in with them – call or visit
- have great conversations without staring at your phone
- create fun experiences together
- show your appreciation – never take loved ones for granted
Our Personal and Professional Fulfillment
- know what you want – love it, leave it or change it
- communicate your expectations
- be grateful for what you have
- appreciate your team members and the people around you
- be always willing to learn and to grow
Please remember that the small things in life are the big things.
It is always good to remember that good things come to those who take consistent action and who are determined enough to keep going until they see the results.
Food for Thought:
How do you demonstrate consistent action on a daily basis?
Please read this article:
If you think it is about time to explore what coaching is all about, schedule a call and see if coaching is right for you.
Schedule a call and receive a free tour behind the scenes:
Contact us via email or phone today by Clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube channel yet? Click here.