Manufacture Your Day by TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF
I am sure you have heard the saying before that you should put on your own oxygen mask first. In other words, you have to look after your own health and well-being before you can help the people around you.
You should be interested to be at your best at work but this doesn’t mean that you should kill yourself over work. It is important that you are treated with respect at all times. Got it?
Your number 1 priority is you.
Self-care is important, yet many seem to forget that if we don’t look after our own mental and physical health and well-being, we cannot lead happy and productive lives.
What do you think what kind of
you are going to be when you don’t have a strategy on how to refill your personal “energy station”?
We all become different people when we are stressed and out of sync.
Very similar to a car, if we run on empty, we have to know what we can do to refill our energy level.
Just recently I spoke to a business owner who pointed out the financial success of his business. Yet, he had a stressed look on his face, didn’t look healthy and energetic, lost his temper with one of his employees right in front of me, was heavily overweight and told me that due to the workload he has to skip lunch most of the days, just eating something quickly at his desk.
Is this success? I guess we all have our own definition of success.
For me it is freedom, leading a healthy and productive life, and to have loving and meaningful relationships in my life.
If you don’t have your health, you have nothing.
Here is a call to action – observe yourself:
- Do you experience regular neck pain? Did you know that the neck carries our guilt?
- Do you have trouble sleeping (insomnia)? In this case, fear is the underlying emotion.
- How about anxiety? This means that you don’t trust in the flow of life and that you are anxious about the future.
- Do you have stomach problems? This represents the inability to assimilate the new.
This list goes on and on and I can only highly recommend Louise Hay’s book: “Heal Your Body”
Why do I tell you this?
Please, please, please listen to the symptoms of your body. Your body communicates with you every day. If you choose to ignore early warning signs, you will eventually have to make time for the hospital.
Why risk having a stroke or a heart attack?
There are 2 kinds of stress and just a few examples:
- Eustress (positive stress): Promotion, buying a new home, expecting a new baby, dating a new partner, new job, big trip, getting married, retiring; this is short-term, feels exciting and improves performance.
- Distress (negative stress): Work overload, death of a loved one, filing for divorce, unemployment, money problems; this can lead to mental and physical problems as well as performance issues.
If stress becomes chronic, it can affect your mental health and different areas of your body, which may eventually lead to death.
Stay tuned, tomorrow I will give you self-care examples and how your perspective on stress can change everything for the better.
Take care of yourself. You deserve to be at your best!
Food for Thought:
How do you make sure to be at your personal best?
Please read the Forbes Article:
If you think it is about time to explore what coaching is all about, schedule a call and see if coaching is right for you.
Schedule a call and receive a free tour behind the scenes:
Contact us via email or phone today by Clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube channel yet? Click here.