Manufacture Your Day by STRIVING TO BECOME THE BEST PERSON YOU CAN BE
It has been said that you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.
Unfortunately many of our corporate work environments can be very stressful and when we are stressed we turn into very different people. We can become frustrated, angry and negative, which puts us in a non-productive state of mind.
While you may have to deal with negative people on a fairly regular basis, you don’t have to be one of them.
Here are a few insights that will help you to develop a positive mental attitude:
- Be grateful for what you have instead of comparing yourself to others.
- Help others and create the wonderful feeling of self-satisfaction.
- Find something to look forward to (people, coffee, lunch).
- Set a goal (i.e. fitness, health, relationship, self-development, etc.) and make a plan on how to achieve it.
- Become aware of your thought process and consciously turn negative thoughts into positive ones (for example: This will never work. Say instead: “It doesn’t work yet but I / we will make it work.”)
- Choose your sources of positivity: listen to podcasts, audiobooks; watch inspirational movies or read inspiring biographies; read new leadership books; read my blog; hang out with positive people; smile and/or laugh as much as you can;
- Find great role models – who inspires you to become a better person?
- Think about why you can do something instead of thinking why you can’t;
- Enjoy the little things in life;
- Plan more experiences with family and friends instead of buying stuff;
- Spend time in nature – what do you see? what do you hear? what can you feel?
- Look for the good in people and in situations;
- Adopt the belief that people are awesome and that’s what you will experience;
People don’t have power over you. Stop being a victim of circumstance.
If you work on your thought process, it will help you to shift your perspective. If you shift your perspective, you will create a better life experience.
Isn’t this what you want? All the power to you!
Read the article: