Manufacture Your Day by STOPPING FOR A MOMENT
How wonderful is this?
Stop for a moment, take a deep breath and reflect.
Have you ever heard the phrase “One Health”? This means everything is connected. What affects our environment can have effects on animals and humans and vice versa.
Here are a few things that I think would be a great start:
- Make decisions based on what’s good for you, for others and for the planet – if it isn’t, don’t do it.
- Start at home – be a great role model for your children.
- Consider that everyone has a different model of the world – be curious instead of furious.
- Make positivity and optimism a habit – not every day is good but there is something good in every day.
- Be interested in what’s going on around you rather than trying to be interesting – you can learn something from everyone you meet.
- Remember your values and live by them – if you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.
- Embrace mindful leadership – everything is about cause and effect. Whatever you do now, will have an effect later.
- Have the courage to conquer the status quo – there must be a better way. Go and find it.
- Respect people and be kind – how do you treat people who can do nothing for you?
- Happiness is a choice – being grateful and helping others will speed up the process.
- Refuse to think “cheap” and “fast” – think about being awesome in life and in business.
- Make things simple – it’s easy to make things complicated, it is difficult to make things easy.
- People have to be allowed to have a life outside of work – that’s how they are better people and more productive employees.
- You have a voice – don’t be afraid to use it. If you see something that’s wrong, say it.
- Make the choice to take a chance – have fun and push boundaries.
What will it take to live life like that?
Food for Thought:
How do you plan to do things differently after things go back to normal?
I encourage you to read the following Forbes article: