Manufacture Your Day by SPENDING YOUR MENTAL ENERGY WISELY
Stop for a moment to reflect. Do you think you spend your mental energy wisely?
Would you like to see more positive results in your life? If the answer is “yes”, you have to put a conscious effort into stopping negative thoughts and turning them into positive ones.
- give your attention to the negative, you will start thinking negatively.
- think negatively, you will feel bad.
- feel bad, you won’t be productive.
- lose your productivity, you will feel stressed and fearful.
- feel stressed and fearful, your mental and physical health will be affected.
It’s a given that our productivity drops if we spend most of our days in emotional states such as anxiety, frustration or anger. A huge amount of energy is wasted at all levels in our organizations because of the inability to regulate thoughts and emotions.
What do YOU give your attention to?
Did you know that 70% of people speak about what they don’t want, don’t have, and don’t like? That’s what they focus on all day, every day, week after week, month after month, and year after year.
Only 30% focus on the direction they want to go, what they want to see and what they want to have. They consciously look for the good in every situation and in every person.
Just a few weeks ago I facilitated an exercise in which people had to explain what a world-class organization looks like. Would you be surprised that most employees had absolutely no idea how they could contribute to making their organization world-class? For the most part, they didn’t even know what world-class really means.
How would YOU answer the following questions?
- What needs to happen to make the organization you work for world-class?
- Do you speak about what others should do, or do you take ownership and responsibility for your own actions?
- What person will you have to become in order to work for a world-class organization?
- What new skills will you have to learn?
- How will you grow as a person?
Be intentional with your thoughts, spend your mental energy wisely, and watch the magic unfold.
If you think it is about time to explore what coaching is all about, schedule a call and see if coaching is right for you.
Schedule a call and receive a free tour behind the scenes:
Food for Thought:
How can a person who works under constant pressure be innovative and creative?
Please read the following Harvard Business Review Article: