Manufacture Your Day by SPENDING QUALITY TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY
People in manufacturing companies work hard and they work long hours, unfortunately often at the expense of leisure and family time.
While it is very difficult for most to achieve the perfect work-life balance, it is very important to remember who and what gives us positive energy in life.
Typical warning signs could be:
- missing important events to watch your children perform at a sport or school event
- breakfast or dinner with your family are rare occasions
- losing sight of personal relationships
- no more time for hobbies
- getting out of shape
- growing health concerns, which are often ignored
- spending your lunch break eating at your desk
- making no time for vacation, day trips or nature
Life isn’t all about work. We renew our energy by doing things we love and spending time with people we love.
It is a statutory holiday in Canada, Ontario today: Family Day.
Family is important today and every day. Make sure that you don’t neglect your family because of work and/or business.
Here are a few ideas on how to be more connected:
- have dinner TOGETHER (without phones)
- build things TOGETHER
- learn something new TOGETHER
- after dinner walks TOGETHER are a great opportunity to share dreams, ideas and family stories
- have a technology-free zone and have “mindful” conversations TOGEHTER
- create FUN experiences TOGETHER
- read TOGETHER
- laugh TOGETHER
- cook TOGETHER
- travel TOGETHER – even day trips or weekend trips are awesome
- if you don’t live TOGETHER, make the time to “say hello” regularly
- stay in touch with relatives – also the ones who live far away
- surprise your daughter or son by bringing her/him to school or picking her/him up
- celebrate family traditions TOGETHER
- have breakfast TOGETHER
- exercise TOGETHER
- celebrate, recognize, appreciate each other
- keep in touch with brief messages – even when you’re busy
- hug each other – heart to heart
I hope that I could encourage you to be more mindful and to create more “togetherness” in your life.
Happy Family Day to my fellow Canadians!
Food for Thought:
When was the last time you were mindful of spending quality time with your family and/or friends?
Please read the article:
Book your Leadership Coach or Corporate Training / Webinars today.
Contact us via email or phone today by clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube Channel yet? Click here!