Manufacture Your Day by SETTING YOUR TEAM UP FOR SUCCESS
We live in a world of instant gratification. Knowledge is on our fingertips by googling whatever we would like to know. We can shop online without even considering store hours. We can binge watch TV series (watching multiple programs at once) and don’t have to wait a week to watch the next show. We can find dates online and some people find it cool to break up via text. Many people spend more than they earn instead of saving for what they would like to have.
The only thing that isn’t immediate is job satisfaction and learning how build long-lasting and meaningful relationships in your personal and professional life.
Working with people and getting them where you want them to be is a very important, yet time intensive, complex and messy process. It requires patience, time and effort but it will be the most rewarding experience for you. Are you ready to take the first step?
Here is how to get started:
- Be a curious learner, helper and teacher – ask “How” and explain “Why”
- Listen more than you talk – god gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth
- Observe people’s stressors and frustrations – serve them by helping to remove road blocks instead of building them
- People have a brain – allow them to use it
- Hold people accountable instead of spoon feeding them
If you want to get further faster with the people on your team, you have to work harder on yourself than the people around you.
Go for it! I believe in you!