Manufacture Your Day by SETTING COURAGEOUS GOALS
On Saturday my step daughter Diana and I completed our first obstacle race. The Spartan race was fun and it is great to experience something like this together. We had to run 5 km and we had to overcome 20 obstacles along the way.
I always like to challenge myself in different ways because I believe it helps me mentally and physically to stay at the top of my game.
In order to do that I like to set goals. As an athlete I have learned how important it is to set goals if you don’t want to become stagnant.
Why do so many people don’t have a goal?
Fair of failure, fear of success, complacency, laziness, low self-confidence, no idea how to set goals but the main reason probably is that they never take the time to think about it. They live life in the passenger seat and see what the next day will bring.
I couldn’t conquer every obstacle BUT this simply means that I have to train harder to get stronger and a better technique. It’s not a failure, it is an awesome opportunity to improve. In the end of the day it isn’t about the goal. It is about the person you become in the process (goal-oriented, committed, dedicated, focused, courageous).
What does this “physical activity business” have to do with you?
- Start setting goals (in your personal and professional life) – it will increase your zest for life – character goals, behaviour goals, attitude goals, material goals, athletic goals, health goals, relationship goals, vacation goals, etc.
- Make them SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-bound)
- Make an action plan – how will you get started? What’s the plan?
- Always do your best – if you don’t achieve them at first, work harder
- Be committed and put in the work
- Keep in mind – you can have excuses or your can have results, you can’t have both
As for me, I intend to continue to do the best I can for my family, for my clients, for my health and my well-being. How about we strive together to become the best we can be?
If you are a goal-setter, you will become a go-getter.