Manufacture Your Day by SETTING GOALS
Have you ever considered that it will depend on the person if he or she will come out of this pandemic better, bigger or bitter?
How you use the time right now matters. It matters a lot.
It has been said that it is important to do something that your future self will thank you for.
What could this be?
- Commitment to your health and well-being
- More zest for life
Over the years I have learned that in order to become more self-motivated and self-disciplined it is critical to set a goal.
If you don’t have a strategy and a plan to follow, you will get nowhere.
Self-discipline and mental strength can be developed and that’s why it is important to challenge yourself:
- Set a SMART goal (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, timeline): In example, 5 minute plank after 30 days
- Why are you doing it? Proving to yourself that you can do it; stronger core; better fitness level;
- Make it habit by attaching a new behaviour to a current habit (daily shower in the morning, brushing teeth, etc.): After 21 days it becomes a habit
- Be consistent: when it comes to exercise and you just get started, you want to establish short but daily routines to make it part of your lifestyle
- Be strategic by having a plan: Start by holding your first plank for any time you easily manage, then start increasing by 10 seconds daily (remember, consistency matters because it will help you establish small wins along the way). If you would like to get more details, click here.
- Do the challenge with someone else – it doesn’t have to be 5 minutes, even a 3 minute plank is a great accomplishment and has many health benefits.
- Get mentally prepared to do the work: Who doesn’t have a few minutes a day? (remember to attach it to a current habit – i.e. every day before taking a shower).
- Celebrate and feel good about yourself as you accomplish small time goals along the way.
- After 21 days… Wooohooo! You can celebrate the creation of a new habit.
- Goal accomplishment: You prove to yourself that you can do it. What else is possible in other areas of your life?
- one of the best calorie burning and beneficial exercises
- strengthens your core
- increases muscle definition
- heightens metabolism
- better posture and balance
- reduces back pain
- enhances bone and joint health
- improves flexibility
- boosts mood
- relieves stress
- can be done anywhere without equipment
A plank is a great challenge if you would like to practice commitment, mental strength and consistency. In my case we organized a zoom call with some other crazy friends and we recorded a video. Watch the video!
It looks easier than it is but if you do it daily, it is totally doable.
If I could do it, you can too. Please let me know if you decide to complete the challenge. I would love to hear from you.
Always remember that I am your greatest fan.
Food for Thought:
Self-care matters. Is it time to re-plank your way to fitness?
Please make sure to complete this survey:
Please take the opportunity to request more information in the link below: