Manufacture Your Day by RELAXING YOUR MIND
So why don’t you stop trying?
Please don’t get me wrong, I want you to do your best every single day because this attitude will benefit you in the long run. Doing your best, even if you don’t feel like it, will build mental strength and character.
However, trying to be everything to everyone is not your job.
Here is how you stop being a people pleaser:
- Become aware that you have a choice – saying “yes” can become a habit
- Put yourself first
- Overcome the fear of being disliked or even worse – fired
- Set your priorities and set your boundaries
- Be assertive when you say “no” – the first “no” seems to be the hardest
- Be decisive – you don’t have to explain yourself when you say “no”
If you have met me before, you know that I am a big proponent of helping and supporting others BUT not at the expense of your health and well-being.
Some people are givers and some people are takers. You want to figure out who constantly takes (manipulators) and the people who know the balance between giving and taking.
You have only so much time given in a day – learn to manage yourself and your time wisely.