Manufacture Your Day by PUSHING YOURSELF TO GET BETTER
Have you ever been frustrated with yourself that you are too fearful to spread your wings?
I have been there and honestly, it was an emotional roller coaster.
Just recently someone said to me, “Karin, why are you never worried?”
What makes you think I don’t worry? Everyone worries. It is human nature to worry.
What’s different with me is that I refuse to give into my “worrying mind” for very long. I know how to shift focus and get myself into a different emotional state.
I have learned to embrace uncertainty and I always do my best to push myself out of my comfort zone. For me, it is all about getting better, pushing a little bit further and being mindful about having fun along the way.
In my mind being too comfortable breeds mediocrity.
I always do my best to set goals that really scare me.
Here are just some of the highlights:
- Moving from a small village with 850 people to a city with a population of 250,000
- Changing jobs for career advancement
- Breaking up with my unfaithful long-time (9 years) boyfriend in my early thirties
- Moving from Austria to Canada in my mid-thirties (seeking adventure)
- Getting into an admin job in a new country at age 35 (not the best career move)
- Starting a business at age 39 (back in business)
- Falling in love again at age 42 (what’s life without love?)
- Going international with my business at age 47 (it’s never too late)
- Getting married at age 49 (the best things happen later in life)
Looking back, everything fits together and makes a lot of sense. I think that taking all these risks has strengthened my character and has served me to be who I am today.
I encourage you to spread your wings. Who knows where they will take you.
In summary, a few “oops” are always better than too many “what ifs”.
Are you with me on that?
Food for Thought:
How do you make sure to spread your wings?
Please read the article:
Book your Leadership Coach or Corporate Training / Webinars today.
Contact us via email or phone today by clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube Channel yet? Click here!