Manufacture Your Day by OVERCOMING WORRY AND ANXIETY
Here is something that worries me…… Oh no, I caught myself. Why would I worry? I know that worrying has never served me, even when times were tough.
Let’s take a look what we worry about:
- Meeting work targets
- Job Security
- World politics and terrorists
- Raising the kids “right”
- Finding the right partner
- Level of attractiveness
- Losing a job or finding another job
- Paying the bills/credit card debts
- What other people say
- Investments/Financial future
- Children’s education
- Fitness level
- Feeling anxious about feeling anxious
- Public speaking / presentations
- Getting old
These are just a few examples and the list goes on and on. If you think that people who have more than enough money don’t worry, then think again. Every person has worries. As human beings we tend to imagine the worst case scenarios but it does not have to be this way.
It is important to recognize that worrying comes from our thought pattern. In other words, it comes from the way we think.
How can you change this?
- Determine if the problem is within your control or outside of your control – if it is outside of your control, why worry?
- If it is within your control, take action. Taking action will stop your worries (you won’t have time to think).
- Recognize when you have anxious thoughts and change your inner dialogue by telling yourself “This is just my mind playing tricks with me. All is well”.
- If you have gotten into the habit of worrying before you go to bed, simply tell yourself, “I will work this out tomorrow. Right now I want to sleep.”
- Get the number 1 sleep application to relax your mind – it is called Calm.
- If you want to imagine things, imagine things working out in your best interest – and they will.
- Read the all-time classic by Dale Carnegie “How to Stop Worrying and Start Living”.
It takes practice and patience. Work at it!