Manufacture Your Day by MAKING SURE THAT YOU HAVE A GREAT WORK ETHIC
I don’t know about you but I have some pretty big dreams and some of them have already been “worked” into reality.
In my life I have learned a lot from my parents.
They used to have a construction business and I grew up observing first hand the good, bad and ugly of owning your own business. I saw the financial worries of my parents but I also saw how resilient and hard working they were.
Their whole life they were such great role models for me, and I strive to become a better version of myself because of them.
Here are 3 things that I have learned based on my parents’ influence:
- Work hard and never ever give up (it’s a mindset)
- Grit (courage and strength of character)
- People skills (learn to connect with people – it will make life easier and more enjoyable)
Have you ever noticed that any person has the ability to give his or her personal touch to a job?
It really doesn’t matter if the job title is Janitor, Machine Operator, HR Generalist, Engineering Manager, VP of Operations or CEO. These are just a few examples of jobs and it is the energy, drive and personality of the person who will bring that job to life.
You can turn your job into a wonderful opportunity to better the lives of the people around you, or the job is just a series of tasks that you have to fulfill to collect a paycheque.
What do you think will be the more fulfilling choice?
I encourage you to…..
- Work hard on becoming better at what you do.
- Work hard on becoming a better person.
- Work hard on developing a constructive thought process.
- Work hard on being more mindful in your everyday life.
- Work hard on developing a growth mindset.
- Work hard on putting a smile on your face even if you don’t feel like smiling.
- Work hard on getting to know the people around you.
- Work hard on treating others the way you want to be treated.
I could come up with more examples but I guess you get my point.
If you work harder on yourself than the people around you, you will soon be able to watch the magic unfold.
Remember, I am your biggest fan. Happy Friday!