Manufacture Your Day by MAKING SOMEONE ELSE’S DAY
Have you ever done something good for a stranger and for no reason, other than making someone else’s day?
A few years ago my husband, my stepdaughters and I booked a trip to Cuba. The people there don’t have much, so I decided to take the girls to the Dollar Store and we spent about $100 on toys and necessities for the people we would meet on our trip.
Sandra, the younger one (10 years at the time) said, “Karin, I have never bought so much stuff for people I don’t even know.” It made me smile that I was able to teach them how important it is to be good to other people. The girls had so much fun putting little packages together and throughout our vacation they got to decide who would get what.
It was priceless to see the people’s faces when we gave them the gifts and it was even better to see the joy in the eyes of Diana and Sandra. All of us had a blast.
What’s my point?
If you want to bring more happiness and fulfillment into your life, start measuring the success of your day by random acts of kindness to the people around you.
- How can you lift someone’s spirit?
- Who can you surprise by doing something nice and unexpected?
- How can you make someone smile?
- Who deserves some appreciation or recognition today?
- How can you catch people doing things right?
- Who needs an ear to listen?
- Let someone go in front of you when you are in line.
- Be polite to other drivers.
- Hold up the door for someone else.
- Give a compliment to a stranger.
- Give someone a little gift – just because.
- Leave money on the vending machine for the next person.
- Pay for someone else’s coffee.
- Be more generous with your smiles and it will help others to smile.
Give more than you take. The world needs more of that.