Manufacture Your Day by LISTENING TO A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE
It’s Monday. Are you ready to take on a another week?
How your week is going to go depends on
- how well you listen to the people around you.
- what you give your attention to (problems or all the opportunities to make things better).
- your mental attitude (what kind of thoughts you think).
- how well you keep your emotions (and your ego) in check.
For the past 12 years I have worked as a corporate trainer and executive coach, and I absolutely love what I do. I had some pretty cool successes but I also had clients who didn’t seem to make any progress.
Of course it’s always tough not take it personal when people don’t take the self-improvement process seriously but over the years I have learned a few things:
- You cannot help people who don’t want to be helped.
- People have to take on the self-improvement journey to become a better version of themselves because they want to and not because they have to.
- Some people are in the wrong job. How can you help someone if they dislike what they do in the first place?
- Unfortunately not everyone is coachable.
Albert Einstein used to say, ” We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”
Why make this week a sad repetition of last week? You have the opportunity to make this an awesome week.
3 Game Changers to implement:
1. Start meetings by having everyone who is attending the meeting state something good that happened since the last meeting. This will help to focus on effort and progress.
2. Say “hello, please and thank you” to all the people who cross your path. Simple life skills shouldn’t be forgotten in the corporate world.
3. Listen and learn from the people around you instead of showing how smart you are. Everyone around you knows something that you don’t.
Monday is a great day to be awesome! Go for it!
Read this article: