Manufacture Your Day by LIVING YOUR BEST LIFE
Here is the secret to a happy and joyful life:
- What do you give your attention to?
- What meaning (good, bad, ugly) do you assign to situations, interactions and challenging moments in your life?
If you are frustrated in your personal and/or your professional life, it is time to do something about it.
Life can be difficult at times but we have to own our story before we can do something about it.
When my husband and I met each other 11 years ago, we were both at a low point in our lives. However, these difficult times taught us a few things.
- You can be happy with the little you have.
- If you are at an all-time low, there is only one way to go.
- If you don’t have the resources, you can become very resourceful.
- Exercise is better than therapy, and experiences are better than things.
- In order to get further faster, you have to let go of the baggage that is holding you back.
- The past is the past. The present time can be used to create the future. Set goals, make a plan, take action.
- Self-improvement is key – become a little bit better each day.
- Spend time with people you can learn from.
- Own your life and the choices you have made in your life.
- Think good thoughts – it’s worth it.
Sometimes this is difficult to acknowledge but you are where you are in your life right now because of the choices you have made in the past.
If you are ready, make a choice:
- Love it – learn to love your job; put more love into your relationships; love your life.
- Leave it – if you can’t love it, leave it (i.e. job, relationship).
- Change it – if you can’t change certain things, change your perspective.
Focus on living your best life, and make sure to learn the lessons along the way.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
What have you learned from difficult situations in your life?
Please read the Harvard Business Review Article: