Manufacture Your Day by LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST
I think the tragic and sudden death of NBA legend Kobe Bryant and his teenage daughter shocked all of us.
This terrible helicopter accident was a reminder that life as we know it can be different in an instant. We can lose our life, we can lose loved ones.
People keep chasing titles, money and promotions, and greed, arrogance and ignorance is more present than ever. Others are in survival mode day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year.
The house has to be bigger, the car has to be faster and the home has to be filled with gadgets that very few really “need” in order to fill an emotional void. Family dinners “together” are almost non-existent and good conversations at home are few and far between.
Status symbols in our material world are very important and often result in overly stressed and aggravated people.
Is it worth it to kill yourself for the illusion that money will buy you happiness? Guess what, it doesn’t matter how much you make, if people don’t work on their thought process, it will never be enough.
Over the past 16 years, I have met so many top-level executives who have earned a lot of money but many if not most of them…
- are more focused on what to do instead of how to be
- don’t make the time to go on a vacation and if they do, they have to constantly check their phone (so sad)
- haven’t found a way to relax their body and their mind
- look for more happiness and fulfillment in their life
- find it difficult to spend quality time with family and friends
- traded a fit and healthy lifestyle for making more and more money and getting out of shape
- are mentally exhausted and sleep less in order to “find the time” to catch up on their “to-do” list
It has been one of my discoveries that most of them are continuously worried about the future or filled with regret.
- How does “success” serve you if you lose your health or sacrifice family time?
- How does the best university education help your children if they don’t know how to live a happy and fulfilled life?
The challenge is to have enough money and the freedom to spend it. Most people have either money and no time, or they have time and no money.
Let me ask you a simple question:
Would you be able to go on a 3-week vacation with your 3 teenage children? If not, what holds you back? Money or time?
In the long-term, what do you think they would remember more:
- the family home, the nice car, the fancy clothes and gadgets or
- a travel experience together with their parents?
If this is out of the question for you, spend less time in the mall and plan more day- or weekend trips.
I have experienced a shortage of money myself. We simply couldn’t go on a vacation together for a few years BUT we always created low-cost experiences to spend quality time with the girls. You can do the same.
We can make anything possible as long as we look for possibilities.
People are starved for dialogue and conversation, and after all, this starts at home.
Tell the people you love that you love them, today and every day.
Life is meant to be appreciated and experienced. Remember that!
If you think it is about time to explore what coaching is all about, schedule a call and see if coaching is right for you.
Schedule a call and receive a free tour behind the scenes:
Contact us via email or phone today by Clicking here.
Food for Thought:
Please read the following article: