Manufacture Your Day by LIFTING PEOPLE UP
Today I want to share something that should be common sense but apparently, common sense isn’t common these days.
The worst behaviour you see in the company you work for is there because it is accepted. Ouch!
If people don’t do what you want them to do, there are quite a few things that you can initiate to make things better.
- Get clear on what behaviours you want to see, instead of complaining about what people don’t do (like it or not: a fish rots from the head down)
- Communicate your expectations in a positive way (know what you want)
- Learn to provide constructive feedback like a pro with the intention to help rather than criticize (reinforce positive behaviour and give suggestions for improvements)
- Provide training for the whole management team with a minimum of 4 connected sessions in order to observe the progress
- Encourage Executive/Leadership Coaching to help people to be at their personal best and to inspire self-improvement
- Show consistent, sincere appreciation
- Challenge people enough to stay engaged and motivated
- Observe closely if people feel bored or overwhelmed
- Be respectful and polite at all times if you want people to follow your lead
- Avoid foul language and the “f-word” (neither cool nor classy)
Managers who put their team-members down are “out” and here is why:
- People lose their ability to think clearly when they’re criticized, insulted and belittled, and they will make even more mistakes.
- If people lose their self-worth, it will affect the net worth of the company. Bummer!
- How can people be innovative and creative if they feel there is nothing they can get right?
My hope is a new generation of managers – strong leaders, disruptive thinkers, fast decision-makers and creative innovators.
These are the ones who will conquer the status quo and they will make room for the kind of leadership that people deserve – authentic leadership.
If you are willing to put people first, you will be winning on all fronts.
Are you ready?
Book your Leadership Coach or Corporate Training / Webinars today.
Contact us via email or phone today by clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube Channel yet? Click here!
Food for Thought:
Leadership has nothing to do with a title. Some people have it and others don’t? Do you have what it takes to lift others?
Please watch the video: