Manufacture Your Day by LEARNING TO CONNECT WITH OTHERS
In a world where adults and children are addicted to staring at their phones for a good portion of the day, it has become more and more important that people:
- learn social skills
- have the ability to build rapport and
- know how to connect with others.
These are all skills that can be learned as an adult. If you have children, you should start as soon as possible to help them develop their social and communication skills. It is important that children learn to communicate and connect at a young age. This will not only open all kinds of doors for them, but it will also make them better adults.
“When we are connected to others, we become better people.”
– Randy Pausch
Well, you are here, so I can assume that you definitely want to become better.
If you have followed me for a while, you should know that I am all about people and simple daily improvements.
It’s the little things that matter most. Connecting with the people around you is one of them.
I find it disheartening that so many people in organizations rather work against than with each other. In my mind, “internal war” in organizations is not the most strategic way to beat the competition.
Whatever you want to achieve at work and in life, you can’t do it alone. Why not look for some allies along the way?
Here are a few things that you must master if you would like to be a “connector”:
- Be interested in the people around you instead of trying to be interesting
- Learn and remember people’s names and use them as often as you can
- Ask open-ended questions
- Listen, listen, listen with the intent to understand what the other person has to say
- Have the courage to be vulnerable – it makes you relatable
- Say “hello, please and thank you” – going back to basics
- Get up from your desk to speak to the person sitting next to you instead of sending an email
- Think positive thoughts when you speak to a person – that’s the energy you create in a conversation
- Pick up the phone instead of sending a text or WhatsApp message
- Be open and honest – people will feel it if you have a hidden agenda
- Show that you care and people will care to support you and your cause
Keep learning and improving!
It’s never too late to become a game-changer. I know that the manufacturing industry could use a few more.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
If you think it is about time to explore what coaching is all about, schedule a call and see if coaching is right for you.
Schedule a call and receive a free tour behind the scenes:
Contact us via email or phone today by Clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube channel yet? Click here.