Manufacture Your Day by LEARNING NEW THINGS
Probably one of the biggest challenges I face in the corporate world is helping people to adopt new beliefs and “unlearn” the things that won’t serve them any longer.
I am not as interested in what degrees people have earned 20 years ago. My question is always what they have done to improve themselves within the last year.
In North America, a degree has a shelf life of about 5 years (Deloitte’s Shift Index). The lessons learned in school can become outdated long before the student loans are paid off (Harvard Business Review).
The robots are coming and no matter what your job is, it will serve you well to focus on personal growth.
Today I would like to ask you….
- How do you stay current in constantly changing times?
- What courses have you taken?
- How many books have you read?
- What podcasts are you listening to?
- Where do you get your inspiration from?
- What strategies do you apply to stay focused?
- Have you taken the initiative to ask your employer to pay for a course you want to take?
- How do you develop character strength and mental strength?
- Have you learned a new skill within the last 3 months?
- How do you push yourself out of your comfort zone?
- What goals have you set for your personal and professional life?
Chances are that if you don’t do any of it, you sit in the passenger seat of life. This means life happens to you rather than being in control.
If your life isn’t where you would like it to be, it should be enough motivation to get moving and start thinking about how you can bridge that gap.
Metaphor: Very few could run a marathon tomorrow but most could at least start preparing.
We should all strive to get a little bit better each day. A better husband, a better wife, a better son, a better daughter, a better neighbour, a better friend, a better boss, a better co-worker, and the list is going on and on and on….
Be happy, get better and don’t forget to have fun along the way.
Food for Thought:
How do you make sure to keep learning and growing?
Please read the article:
If you think it is about time to explore what coaching is all about, schedule a call and see if coaching is right for you.
Schedule a call and receive a free tour behind the scenes:
Contact us via email or phone today by Clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube channel yet? Click here.