Manufacture Your Day by LEARNING HOW TO DEAL WITH THE CURRENT PRESSURE
Have I told you that I have the highest respect for you and the work you do on a daily basis?
I see that there is tremendous pressure for manufacturing employees and for some people the fear and/or pressure is almost unbearable if they don’t know how to deal with it.
Let me share a conversation that I had with someone a while ago.
He said to me, “Karin, I have absolutely no idea how to lead my team through the current times. I feel like an impostor and I am afraid that I will lose my job. We have countless virtual meetings but I feel totally out of control and lost my ability to sleep at night.”
Unfortunately, he is not alone.
I have observed that the majority of the employees have neither the tools nor a strategy to handle daily demands in their personal and professional life.
Here is a good way to take control of your emotional state:
- Become aware of how you feel. If you feel bad, you give your attention to the wrong things.
- Make sure to surround yourself with positive people and stay away from drama and energy vampires – that’s why people who complain on an ongoing basis will drag you down rather than lift you up. Optimism is needed more than anything at the moment.
- Keep calm and look for the positive in the current situation – freaking out has never solved anything. There are many possibilities if you look for them.
- Pay attention to the things you can control. You cannot control how long the current situation will last but you can control how you respond to it.
It’s our mind that can and will make us crazy if we don’t stop negative thoughts and turn them into positive ones.
- think negative, you will feel bad.
- feel bad, you can’t be productive.
- lose your productivity, you will feel stressed and fearful.
- feel stressed and fearful, it will affect your mental and physical health.
Enough said. It is a vicious cycle and everything starts with your thought process.
Can you see why it is important to make the decision to take control of the way you think?
Make the time to practise a more positive thought process. It takes your willingness and effort. Now is the time. Go for it!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
How well do you handle pressure?
I encourage you to read the following article: