Manufacture Your Day by LEARNING A SIMPLE TRUTH
Not too long ago I wrote a blog post about cause and effect. If you missed it, you can access it here: Understanding Cause and Effect
In your world, you may connect the fishbone diagram with cause and effect. However, today I would like to make you aware of how the concept of cause and effect applies to people. That’s right, a person is either at cause or at effect.
Have you ever encountered people who
- find a problem in every solution?
- feel sorry for themselves and how they are treated?
- like to blame others?
- are in constant victim mode?
- focus more on the things outside of their control than what is within their control?
We all know people like that and at times we may have been one of them.
People like the ones I have just described are at effect. Life happens to them. It doesn’t have to be that way.
The secret to getting where you would like to be as a person, business owner, manager, employee, worker, parent, spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend is to be at cause.
People at cause have the attitude to make things happen.
This awareness alone can help you to move into the driver’s seat of life.
“It is better to light one weak candle than to curse the darkness.” Scottish proverb
The power of thought and behaviour:
1. Cause (responsible behaviour):
- I’m responsible for my life
- I own the outcomes in my personal and professional life
- I am determined to get the results I want
2. Effect (reactive behaviour):
- Life (or s#?t) happens to me
- It’s not me, it’s you – no ownership for outcomes in my personal and professional life
- Excuses are readily available with the intent to blame, justify and absolve me of accountability
The number 1 thing I want you to keep in mind is:
Excuses or results? You cannot have both.
End of story.
Food for Thought:
How does your life experience teach you to make better choices?
Please read the following article:
Book your Leadership Coach or Corporate Training / Webinars today.
Contact us via email or phone today by clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube Channel yet? Click here!