Manufacture Your Day by KNOWING THAT YOU ARE NOT YOUR BEHAVIOUR
If you are interested to lead yourself and others better, it is important to understand that you are not your behaviour.
What does this mean?
Many people make their behaviour an important part of their identity.
They may tell themselves a story that doesn’t serve them, which often makes them giving up on their dreams and desires.
- a procrastinator.
- always late.
- not athletic.
- a negative person.
- not smart enough.
- not consistent.
I have no…
- people skills.
- communication skills.
- positive energy.
- social skills.
You are not your behaviour.
We all have behaviours that we are not in particular proud of. My list is long but my main ones are procrastination, impatience and being often not detailed enough.
However, this doesn’t mean that I don’t work on getting better.
People who refuse to improve and say, “That’s just who I am” have no idea that they are not their behaviour.
What do you have to pay attention to?
- Awareness: You cannot improve something if you are not aware. Get ready to discover possible blindspots (360 feedback survey, asking people for feedback).
- Open-mindedness: If you want things to change, you (or your outlook has) have to change. If you want people to become better, you have to become better.
- Perspective: What you value most will drive your behaviour.
- Results: If you get the desired results in your personal and professional life, keep doing what you’re doing. If not, you have a choice to make: acceptance or action?
- Thoughts: If you are willing to change something in your life, you have to start thinking different thoughts.
Reality is always in the eye of the beholder.
You want to become a better version of yourself rather than changing who you are as a person.
Does this make sense?
Love and accept yourself with all your shortcomings and strive to get a little bit better each day. Go for progress, not perfection!
Welcome to my world!
Food for Thought:
How does your behaviour play a role in your health and well-being?
Please make sure to complete this survey:
Please take the opportunity to request more information in the link below: