Manufacture Your Day by INVESTING IN YOURSELF
Today I would like to share one of my observations and it is my hope that this makes you think.
I am sure you have heard about the saying, “When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Tao Te Ching
It breaks my heart how many people in our organizations don’t spend any thought on their personal growth and self-development. The malls are filled with people (yes, even during COVID-19) who spend money they don’t have on things they don’t need to impress people they don’t even like.
It doesn’t seem to be a problem to spend $ 1,000 on an iPhone but to spend the same amount of money on a course isn’t quite the same because possible results aren’t immediately visible. Sadly, personal growth doesn’t fulfill our need for immediate gratification.
It is unfortunate but so many people work in a bubble and will only wake up in sheer desperation once their job is gone. I see these people at all levels of an organization and this ignorance will really hurt them rather sooner than later.
If a company doesn’t invest in their employees, the results will be devastating on both ends.
The robots are coming. They won’t only come to the production floor to replace monotonous and mindless jobs, they will also be available for office work. If there are fewer workers and office admin staff, we will also need fewer supervisors and managers. Do you get my point?
Yesterday someone showed me a free app that I can use to have a robot scheduling my appointments. While this seems to be kind of cool for an entrepreneur like me, it also frightens me when it comes to the people who are not aware of what’s coming.
Even in my profession as a trainer and coach, they already have models in the testing stage if you want to work with a robot as your coach.
However, I am already working on it that no robot will ever be able to replace me, my finesse and my know-how.
The key is to learn skills that a robot doesn’t have such as…
- critical thinking
- creativity and innovation
- empathetic communication skills
- positive vibration
- great energy to interact with others
- the ability to truly connect with another human being (eye contact, building rapport)
- being considerate of another person’s feelings
- having a great sense of humour
- the ability to establish trust
- being warm and friendly (having a heart)
If you don’t want to spend the money on your personal development right now, here is how you can get started:
- Make reading my daily messages a habit
- Listen to free podcasts
- Listen to TED talks
- Rent books from the library
- Join Toastmasters (there is a fee but it is very small)
- Spend time at the self-help book section at your local book store (I think I spent years there at the beginning and I still love it)
- Make an education budget and save for your personal growth to be able to invest in yourself a few months from now
- Ask your employer to invest in you
As long as we don’t lose our human touch, robots will never be able to replace us.
Let us be aware!
Food for Thought:
When was the last time you have invested in yourself?
Book your Leadership Coach or Corporate Training / Webinars today.
Contact us via email or phone today by clicking here.