Manufacture Your Day by GROWING INTO THE PERSON YOU’RE MEANT TO BE
“A shark in a fish tank will grow 8 inches, but in the ocean it will grow to 8 feet or more. The shark will never outgrow its environment and the same is true about you. Many times we’re around small thinking people so we don’t grow. Change your environment and watch your growth.” – Unknown
If challenges get bigger, you have to become better. It makes sense, doesn’t it?
Life is all about personal growth and today I would like to give you a few examples when people stop growing:
- Lack of self-awareness: You can’t change what you don’t acknowledge.
- Closed-mindedness: This often comes from fear and/or ignorance that prevents you from considering other people’s ideas and insights.
- The environment: If you are not encouraged to learn and to grow. Mistakes are seen as a failure instead of an opportunity to learn from them.
- Victims of circumstance: If you think, you have no choice.
- Fixed mindset: If you are so afraid of failure, that they don’t even try.
- Destination Disease: If you have been promoted and you think you have “arrived” and there is nothing left to learn (arrogance and ignorance).
Ask yourself, “Do I fall into any of these categories?”
If the answer is “No”. Congratulations. Good for you for being on a continuous journey of learning and growing. This is how you stay at the top of your game.
If the answer is “Yes”. Congratulations for acknowledging it. If you acknowledge it, you can change it. Are you ready to follow my lead?
Here are 3 steps how YOU can become a growing shark in the Ocean:
- Look for the positive in every person and in every situation: Think good thoughts and believe that everything in life happens in your favour. It’s impossible to live in fear if you focus on the good.
- Become curious about people and situations: Every person who crosses your path and every difficult situation gives you an opportunity to learn and to grow. Be curious instead of furious.
- Stay humble: If you think you’re the smartest person in the room, think again. Everybody is an expert in something. Find out what it is and learn from it.
Let’s just entertain the following thought for a moment. What would it be like if you would start thinking and behaving a little bit better each day?
End of workshop. Your biggest fan.