Manufacture Your Day by GETTING A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE ON SETBACKS
I am not sure about you but I have learned to truly appreciate setbacks.
Looking back, all my setbacks have taught me something.
Some of the lessons I have learned in my early years of self-employment:
- I was more focused on what I have to sell than the value I add to organizations
- I judged people too fast and too harshly
- I wasn’t ready to handle the business
- I talked more than I listened (still working on this one)
- I blamed too many things on outside circumstances instead of giving my attention to my own shortcomings
- I came from a place of fear instead of a place of prosperity
- I didn’t listen well enough to truly understand the challenges of my prospects
- I thought managers do me a favour when they hire me instead of recognizing the tremendous value I add to their daily challenges
- I allowed my negative emotions to run me and my days instead of controlling my emotional response
- I started to understand that certain beliefs will limit how far I can go
- What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger (mentally and physically)
- Positivity takes work – a lot of work
Seriously, I could go on and on and on.
Whatever I have learned over the past 12 years I now teach to others. Sometimes we don’t know what we don’t know (unconscious incompetence).
Today I am writing my message from beautiful Slovakia. I am here to make a difference in people’s personal and professional lives. I am here to provide a different perspective. I am here to help them to develop a mindset of becoming unstoppable.
One company and one country at a time. There is no turning back.
My setbacks have been too many to share and I am sure there will be more in my future. Today I welcome setbacks because I have a mental strategy in place.
If you have to deal with your next setback, simply ask yourself:
- What lesson can I learn from this situation?
- What do I have to do different/better in order to get a different/better result?
- What is the ideal outcome I would like to achieve?
Setbacks will always lead to stronger comebacks. Always!
- Welcome them
- Learn from them (alone and/or with your team)
- Never ever give up (be like a dog with a bone)
- There is always a better way (go and find it)
Are you ready to start your engine? You better fasten your seatbelt my friend. Whoosh!