Manufacture Your Day by FOCUSING ON THE THINGS THAT ARE WITHIN YOUR CONTROL
This is such a simple tool but it takes practice.
Every time you have to deal with something that you don’t like, that doesn’t make sense to you, or that causes you stress – simply ask yourself, “Is this within my control?”
If the answer is “No”, move right along and look for the good in the situation.
There are always situations where you might not have all the information. Stressing over things that you can’t control will get you into “victim mode” (powerless, helpless, hopeless).
Instead, your inner dialogue could be:
- How can I make this work (for me/us)?
- Where is the opportunity in the difficulty?
- What can I/we learn from that?
- What do I/we have to do to overcome my frustration?
- How can I positively influence my team to see the big picture instead of getting hung up in the details?
In order to find answers, you have to ask the right questions.
It is a new week. Are you ready to do this for yourself?