Manufacture Your Day by EXERCISING YOUR POWER TO SAY “NO”
Have you ever noticed that some people have a speech disorder? They either cannot say “No” or they are afraid to say “No”.
If you are one of these people, please make the time to read my message to the very end.
As a corporate trainer and executive coach, I am a person who encourages people to be at their best at all times. Personal Excellence is important and learning to say NO is an important part of it.
I meet many managers who are great “soldiers” and excellent at following commands from their bosses. Their title has no meaning because they lack the communication skills to positively influence their bosses. They are followers and not leaders.
How can you be at your best if you don’t learn how to set your boundaries?
If you are a YES wo(man), you
- may think that other people know more than you do.
- are a people pleaser.
- may never think about cause and effect.
- are a victim of guilt.
- might not have the courage to communicate your perspective.
- possibly take more on than you can handle.
- probably get rewarded by getting more and more work.
- are afraid to hurt people’s feelings.
- believe that you don’t have the right to say NO.
- have never learned to set your boundaries.
- rarely think about the power of choice.
- justify your health and well-being.
Can a firm NO make the difference for everyone involved? Absolutely.
If you are the business owner or the boss, I will give you 3 good reasons why you want your employees to develop the mental strength to say NO.
1. “I WON’T” IS BETTER THAN “I CAN’T”
Be proud of every employee who can say NO. People should not commit to something that they cannot fulfill. Whatever the reason, you would want to know it. A firm NO can prevent future headaches by finding a different solution right away.
2. “ASSERTIVENESS” IS BETTER THAN “AGGRESSIVENESS”
If people have the courage to communicate their point of view and state a clear NO, they may prevent you from wasting time and money. These people are also in better control of their emotional state and won’t have to tap into aggressive behaviour when they can’t handle unreasonable timelines.
3. “DECISIVENESS” IS BETTER THAN “FOMO”
FOMO is the fear of missing out. Nobody should try to be everything to everybody. A NO can be super liberating and it will help your team members to stay focused and in the right frame of mind.
Now go and tap into your awesomeness by repeating the following sentences 10 times:
- I can say NO without feeling guilty.
- If I set my boundaries with a good attitude, I will add more value to my and other people’s lives.
- A clear NO and a friendly smile can go a long way.
- I can only please one person per day. Today I choose me.
Can I hear a loud and clear hallelujah for this one?
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Please read the following article:
If you think it is about time to explore what coaching is all about, schedule a call and see if coaching is right for you.
Schedule a call and receive a free tour behind the scenes:
Contact us via email or phone today by Clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube channel yet? Click here.