Manufacture Your Day by EVALUATING YOUR OWN ATTITUDE
The sooner we realize that the majority of our problems have to do with our own attitude and the way we look at things, the easier it will be to work with the people around us.
I have noticed after having worked with so many companies over the years that the greatest asset a manager can have is the ability to get along with people. Good people skills are a product of attitude. The tragedy is that people with a lousy attitude often don’t recognize what the problem is. It’s easier to blame than working on yourself.
How to get started?
- As soon as you get out of bed in the morning, make the conscious decision that – whatever may happen that day – you will look at the bright side of things
- Be mindful HOW you enter your workplace – what’s your energy like?
- Say “hello, please and thank you”
- If you feel you get upset, PAUSE
- Focus on the good in people and in situations (the “opportunity perspective”)
- Smile as much as you can (natural stress relief)
Remember, real enthusiasm is always character-based and never context driven.