Manufacture Your Day by EVALUATING YOUR OWN ATTITUDE
The sooner we realize that the majority of our problems have to do with our own attitude and the way we look at things, the easier it will be to work with the people around us.
I have noticed after having worked with so many companies over the years that the greatest asset a manager can have is the ability to get along with people. Good people skills are a product of attitude.
The tragedy is that people with a lousy attitude often don’t recognize what the problem is. How can you prevent blaming others?
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- As soon as you get out of bed in the morning, make the conscious decision that – whatever may happen that day – you will look at the bright side of things
- Be mindful of HOW you enter your workplace – what’s your energy like?
- Say “hello, please and thank you”
- If you feel you get upset, PAUSE
- Focus on the good in people and in situations (the “opportunity perspective”)
- Smile as much as you can (natural stress relief)
Remember, real enthusiasm is always character-based and never context-driven.
We all complain at times and that’s o.k. The key is that we don’t make complaining a habit.
There are people who seem to complain about everything, even when they’re on vacation. Stay away from people who like to drive the BMW (blaming, moaning and whining). It’s contagious.
If you want to, you will always find reasons to complain. How does this help the situation? Why not count your blessings instead?
It has been said that your energy flows where your attention goes.
So easy to forget, especially during stressful times.
Keep working harder on yourself than the people around you. That’s how you get the most out of life and that’s also how you stay at the top of your game.
Food for Thought:
How do you manage to maintain a positive attitude?
Please read the following article:
Book your Leadership Coach or Corporate Training / Webinars today.
Contact us via email or phone today by clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube Channel yet? Click here!