Manufacture Your Day by EVALUATING YOUR ACTIONS
Remember, when you point a finger at someone else, there are three pointing back at you.
Your thought process, your emotional state and your actions are important. This is the secret of moving further just a little bit faster.
Don’t shoot the messenger, but all the results you currently see in your personal and professional life right now are a direct result of your internal state (thoughts and emotions).
I am rarely interested in evaluating my competition. There is enough business for all of us. My focus has always been on how I can become the best possible version of myself and how I can add value.
As humans we are emotional and judgmental beings. We allow so many things to get in the way and then we feel terribly sorry for ourselves. That’s the “poor me” victim mode.
- take things too personal
- live by someone else’s plan
- try to fit in while we were born to stand out
- judge others at lightning speed
- promise more than we can keep
- allow excuses to run our life
- can’t get a handle on our emotional state
- think more negative thoughts than positive ones
- doubt our skills and abilities
- settle for mediocrity
It really helps when we are honest with ourselves. That’s when we start taking responsibility and ownership for our life.
In order to get results in your personal and professional life you have to:
- Know what you want and set a SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, timeline) goal
- Strive to internalize the “3C” attributes – courage, confidence, commitment
- Be strategic and make a plan
- Focus more on yourself and your “life outcomes” than the people around you
- Be positive and take as much action as you can
- Have a mental strategy to overcome self-doubt and self-sabotaging behaviours
- Visualize a positive outcome
- Never stop believing in yourself
YOU have so much potential, so you better make use of it.
You do this for yourself, not for your employer or other people.
Now go and get moving! That’s how you stay on top of your game.
Read this Success Article: