Manufacture Your Day by LEARNING TO DO WELL UNDER PRESSURE
It is my passion to help employees in manufacturing companies to strive reaching their full potential in order to become more productive and have a better life experience.
Have I told you that I have the highest respect for you and the work you do on a daily basis?
I see that there is tremendous pressure for manufacturing employees and for some people this pressure is almost unbearable if they don’t know how to deal with it.
Let me share a conversation that I had with someone a while ago.
This person told me, “Karin, every day I get up asking myself how I can possibly make it through the day. I am afraid that I will lose my job and I have trouble sleeping. My frustration is getting bigger and bigger because I find myself in the middle of chaos. It is a never-ending story and that’s why I am stressed all the time. Recently I have discovered that I have high blood pressure. More than anything, I would like to leave that job but I have no strength. It is unfortunate but I have lost that strength a long time ago and that’s why I just try to survive day after day.”
Sad, isn’t it?
I have observed that the majority of the employees have neither the tools nor a strategy to handle daily demands in their personal and professional life.
Here is a good way to take control of your emotional state:
- Make sure to surround yourself with positive people and stay away from drama and energy vampires – that’s why people who complain on an ongoing basis will drag you down rather than lift you up.
- Keep calm and look for the positive in every situation – freaking out has never solved anything.
- Take breaks – nobody can be productive without taking regular breaks throughout the day. Start by taking your lunch break away from your desk.
It’s our mind that can and will make us crazy if we don’t stop negative thoughts and turn them into positive ones.
- think negative, you will feel bad.
- feel bad, you can’t be productive.
- lose your productivity, you will feel stressed and fearful.
- feel stressed and fearful, it will affect your mental and physical health.
Enough said. It is a vicious cycle and everything starts with your thought process.
Can you see why it is important to make the decision to take control over the way you think?
I can promise that it will positively affect every aspect of your life. What do you have to lose?
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
What do you think, how well do you handle pressure?
I encourage you to read the following article: