Manufacture Your Day by DEVELOPING MENTAL STRENGTH
Hang on, what does it actually mean to develop mental strength?
Mental Strength means that you have the ability to regulate your emotions, manage your thought process, and behave in a positive manner, despite your circumstances.
As a long distance athlete I am aware that the mind gives up long before the body does. Having a strong mental game is just as important as being physically fit. Visualization and developing mental strength are important success factors of any athlete. Like in a movie, athletes play a successful outcome in their mind before they even get to the game or race.
The same is true for business. Mental preparation is important in every aspect of your life.
Here are some pointers for you on how to develop mental strength competency:
- Whenever you are in a difficult situation take a “time out”. It is critical to take a break and think. This conscious pause changes EVERYTHING.
- When you come home and you are super tired, push yourself to do that thing that you really don’t feel like doing – going for a walk, going for a run, play with your children, working on a home project. You are in charge. Don’t allow your mind to take over.
- Keep things in perspective – a tough day doesn’t mean a tough life.
- Develop your capacity to deal with stressful situations – this too shall pass.
- Stay focused on long-term outcomes and don’t get hung up on little distractions.
- Focus only on what you can control – why waste your energy?
- Stay positive even in the face of negativity – lift others up instead of allowing them to bring you down.
- Self-control – You can be 100% in control of your emotions. If you are not, you give your power to others.
- There is no failure (only if you give up) – for me it is feedback about what works and what doesn’t.
- Be grateful and content with what you have – it doesn’t serve you to compare yourself to others.
- Be patient – anything worthwhile takes time, hard work and endurance.
- Keep your standards high at all times and push yourself to become the best you can possible be. You don’t do it for your company, you do it for…..?
Are you excited to become mentally fit? Pick one advice from above, work on it, master it, move on to the next one.
It will change your personal and professional life experience.
Food for Thought:
How Well Do You Regulate Your Thoughts? It’s the best way to manage your emotional state.
Please read this article: