Manufacture Your Day by CREATING EXPERIENCES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL ALIVE
It’s Wednesday and it’s time for “Manufacturing Leadership Minute” with Karin
Make sure to watch my video by clicking the picture below:
Would you agree that we need more people in our work environments who feel alive?
Life isn’t supposed to be a survival exercise. It is meant to be enjoyed and appreciated.
This is important because if people have a zest for life, they handle stress better and they have the ability to live healthier and happier lives. As a result, it will also become a productive life.
I have noticed how many people wait and live for the weekend and/or their vacation. This is mainly the case because they are mentally and emotionally exhausted.
I am a firm believer that free time and a good vacation are very important and if people learn to enjoy the in-between time as much as the vacation, they will be on the right track.
As you may know, I was born in Austria and I feel very fortunate that my parents taught me to find something in every day that I can enjoy and be grateful for. Yes, this is possible even during Covid19.
Here are a few examples that make my life a really joyful experience:
- Wake up at 5.30 am to go for a run or a bike ride
- Make the time to be grateful for my health and my level of fitness
- Enjoy a cup of coffee with my husband on our patio
- Sit in the backyard, look at the flowers and listen to the birds chirping
- Go for a swim in a lake
- Do something that pushes me outside of my comfort zone (I love challenging the limits of my mind)
- Find ongoing meaning in my work
- Appreciate the taste of fruits and food
- Provide value to my clients
- The freedom to organize my day to fit my schedule (this hasn’t always been this way and is self-created)
- Turn dreams into goals and make a plan to make them real
- Plan a fun day trip with my family to a place we haven’t been before
- Make the time to write my daily messages (because I love doing it)
- The ability to have a Skype video call with my parents in Austria
- Cuddle with my cat Oskar
- Be with people who make me smile or laugh (luckily my husband is one of them)
- Read a good book that relaxes my mind or inspires me to make progress
- Take online courses to sharpen my skills or learn a new one
- Watch an educational documentary on Gaia
- Spend quality time with my stepdaughters and my husband
- Have a picnic in a park or at a lake
- Mentor a new member at Toastmasters
- Strengthen my relationships with the people around me
- Hug a tree and make the time to be grateful for what I have
- Sit by a river and listen to the water
- Plan for a new project at home to make improvements
- Go for a long walk together with my husband in the evening
Most people wait for what life has to offer. They sit in the passenger seat of life.
You don’t wait, you make it happen. Every single day you make it happen. It doesn’t take much and many enjoyable things don’t cost anything except creativity.
I do believe enjoying the little things in life is an art that could be mastered by more people.
What are you waiting for? It’s your life. Make it count.
Food for Thought:
Is there anything on this list that you could implement in your life?
Please read the following article:
If you think it is about time to explore what coaching is all about, schedule a call and see if coaching is right for you.
Schedule a call and receive a free tour behind the scenes:
Contact us via email or phone today by Clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube channel yet? Click here.