Manufacture Your Day by CONTROLLING YOUR LIFE
If you want to be off to a great start this week, make sure to take the time to read this message to the very end.
Emotional control is a big challenge for many of us in our personal and/or our professional lives, isn’t it?
Has it ever happened that someone says something to you that makes you mad in a split second?
Well, this has certainly been true for me.
A statement or comment can trigger something in us that may leave us powerless and out of control. Many times this can also be someone who you have a history with (wife/husband, mom/dad, sister/brother, daughter/son, long-term friend, coworker or boss – just to name a few).
Here are a few insights that will shine a different light on how you can stay in control:
- Emotional Awareness: If emotions are high, intelligence is low – in other words, when your emotions take over, you lose control and your ego takes over. Bummer!
- Consequences: It is important to think about the consequences when you get into an unwanted emotional state – loss of respect, loss of productivity, wasted energy, increased level of stress, damaging relationships, health risks, guilt, ongoing frustration (and the list goes on and on);
- Emotional Mind (our default operating system): Validate yourself by acknowledging that you have a natural urge to operate from your emotional mind BUT that you want and will stay in control.
- Intelligent Mind (pause and think): Interrupt the pattern by simply asking yourself, “How would my intelligent mind respond right now?” Give yourself the answer.
- Choice: Know that you always have a choice. Take a deep breath, pause and operate from your intelligent mind.
I have tried it already and this totally works. Why give your power away to other people?
It takes a bit of practice, so please be patient with yourself.
If you want to become the master of your emotions, you can and you will.
Doesn’t this make your day?