Manufacture Your Day by CONSIDERING THIS INSIGHT
If we don’t work on consciously controlling our emotional state, our default operating system (fear, guilt, worry, helplessness, hopelessness) will take over.
The quality of our life depends on where we live emotionally.
Guilt is an emotion that makes us feel bad. It doesn’t necessarily serve us but it can motivate us to feel sorry and do better. We experience guilt because of something that we
- should have done.
- shouldn’t have done.
- are not supposed to do.
- are supposed to do but we don’t do.
- think we did.
- think we failed to do.
- forgot to consider (values we once held).
“Worry is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.” – Emma Bombeck
What happened in the past happened and worrying about the future won’t help us either.
However, we can
- turn to optimism and hope.
- develop a mental strategy to stay in emotional control.
- collectively stand strong.
- move together through these times learning, growing and evolving.
Think about this:
- Do we strive to become more as a person or to have more material goods?
- How much value do companies place on good character traits?
- What is the importance of optimism, collaboration and respect at the workplace?
- How many people live in the negative land of “W” (wishing, whining and wasting everyone’s time)?
- What is emphasized in business schools? How to read financial statements or how to lead, understand and respect people?
- How often do we make time to be grateful for our health and the things we have?
- Are people treated like a liability because that’s where they are shown on the balance sheet?
- How many of us have looked the other way when it comes to factory farming and the misery of animals?
- What do business owners do to help resolving one of the world’s challenges by making it part of their company’s purpose?
- How many make their decisions based on what’s good for them, good for others and good for the planet?
- What real price do we have to pay for outsourcing manufacturing to low cost countries?
- When we talk about cheap labour, do we think about a person with a heart, needs, values, beliefs, feelings and a family?
- How do we communicate the importance of looking after Mother Earth?
- What role does personal excellence and leading by example play in our day to day life?
- Do we experience life mindful or with the mind full?
- How many school or sport events have you missed due to business?
- Has being a good human being been replaced by arrogance and ignorance?
- How important is self-improvement?
To be honest, I think we got what we deserve and need.
- A virus made us stop our busy lives.
- We are forced to slow down, think and reflect.
- Social distancing helps us to appreciate people and events.
- We have the privilege to spend more time with our family.
Now it is time to learn the lesson.
If you look for your personal lesson during this time, you will find it.
Keep calm and learn the lesson! Life will go on and you will be o.k.
Food for Thought:
Please read the Psychology Today article: