Manufacture Your Day by CLEARING YOUR MIND
Sometimes it serves us well to look at our challenges from a different perspective. Am I right?
For me, upside down is the place to be.
I work out in my gym 3 – 4 times a week. The exercise in the picture may look easier than it is – it requires the right mindset, focus, balance and core strength (if you must know, I have landed on the floor before). Here is what I have learned since I joined 3 1/2 years ago:
- Mind over Matter – If I say “I can’t”, I won’t be able to. Instead of “impossible”, I say “I will make it possible”.
- Have a Goal – Being vague, uncommitted and without drive, won’t get you where you want to be. If you can measure it, it becomes real.
- Trust the Process – Everyone would like to see immediate ABS, strong legs and a well defined upper body. However, it is the consistency that makes the magic work.
- No excuses – Excuses are readily available. It’s too early, I am tired, who cares if I miss the class today, I will catch up another day, etc. If you overcome your excuses, you develop mental strength.
- Strong relationships matter – Working (out) “TOGETHER” makes things a lot easier. There will always be someone stronger you can aspire to be and there will always be that new person who you can inspire and help along the way.
These are some pretty simple concepts and all of them can be applied in business and in life.
There is one saying that has kept me on track since I have started my business:
The way you do anything is the way you do everything.
If you think following through is hard, it will be. The mind leads and your actions (or excuses) will follow.
If you think about becoming a little bit better each day, you set yourself up for success. It is better to do a 10 minute run (or any other exercise) than no run.
Remember, excuses or results – unfortunately you cannot have both.
My call for action today:
Get started by clearing your mind and telling yourself a different story.
If you say “I can” and “I will” every day, you will eventually say “I have”.
Food for Thought:
How do you clear your mind?
If you’re not sure, please read this Entrepreneur Article: