Manufacture Your Day by BEING ASSERTIVE
Assertiveness is the quality of being self-assured and confident without being aggressive.
I notice that so many people in the corporate world lack assertiveness. I want you to know that this is a communication skill that can be learned.
Here are a few must haves:
- Take responsibility for your actions
- Learn how to say “No”
- Be honest with yourself and others
- Ask for what you want
- Stay respectful at all times and communicate clearly
- Be an attentive listener and ask open-ended questions
- Be decisive and confident
- Trust your gut (The wisdom we can receive from the abdomen can be invaluable because the belly’s intelligence is not limited to language, desires, fears, ambitions.)
- You have the right to stand up for yourself
- Believe in yourself and your instincts
Take the little test on the picture above and you know where you stand on the assertiveness scale.
The more you wait, the longer it takes. Just saying.