Manufacture Your Day by BECOMING AWARE HOW YOU LIVE LIFE
I always like to look at the bright side of things and that’s usually when I am able to resolve challenges.
I also feel that it is my responsibility to help people to become more aware of how they live life and how they interact with others. Stress turns us into very different people and it’s good to be aware.
These unprecedented times are such a great opportunity to rethink life, don’t you think?
People keep chasing titles, money and promotions, and greed, arrogance and ignorance is more present than ever. Others are in survival mode day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year.
The house has to be bigger, the car has to be faster and the home has to be filled with gadgets that very few really “need” in order to fill an emotional void. Family dinners “together” are almost non-existent and good conversations at home are few and far between.
Status symbols in our material world are very important and often result in overly stressed and aggravated people.
Is it worth it to kill yourself for the illusion that money will buy you happiness? Guess what, it doesn’t matter how much you make, if people don’t work on their thought process, it will never be enough.
Over the past 18 years, I have met so many top-level executives who have earned a lot of money but many if not most of them…
- are more focused on what to do instead of how to be
- don’t make the time to go on a vacation and if they do, they have to constantly check their phone (so sad)
- haven’t found a way to relax their body and their mind
- look for more happiness and fulfillment in their life
- find it difficult to spend quality time with family and friends
- traded a fit and healthy lifestyle for making more and more money while getting out of shape
- are mentally exhausted and sleep less to “find time” to catch up on their “to-do list”
It has been one of my discoveries that most of them are continuously worried about the future or filled with regret.
- How does “success” serve you if you lose your health or sacrifice family time?
- How does the best university education help your children if they don’t know how to live a happy and fulfilled life?
The challenge is to have enough money and the freedom to spend it. Most people have either money and no time, or they have time and no money.
Let me ask you a simple question:
Would you be able to go on a 3-week vacation with your 3 teenage children? If not, what holds you back? Money or time?
In the long-term, what do you think they would remember more:
- the family home, the nice car, the fancy clothes and gadgets or
- a travel experience together with their parents?
If this is out of the question for you, spend less time in the mall and plan more day- or weekend trips.
I have experienced a shortage of money myself. We simply couldn’t go on a vacation together for a few years BUT we always created low-cost experiences to spend quality time with our girls. YOU can do the same.
We can make anything possible as long as we look for possibilities.
People are starved for dialogue and conversation and after all, this starts at home.
Never forget to live life!
Food for Thought:
How do you make sure not to forget about the little things in life?
Please read the following article:
Book your Leadership Coach or Corporate Training / Webinars today.
Contact us via email or phone today by clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube Channel yet? Click here!