Manufacture Your Day by ASPIRING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Are you a difference-maker?
It’s Wednesday and it’s time for “Manufacturing Leadership Minute” with Karin
Make sure to watch my video by clicking the picture below:
So many people aspire to make a living but very few aspire to inspire and make a difference in other people’s lives.
A great attitude can be contagious, and greatly affect the performance of others.
Here are some pretty simple examples of how you can make a difference at work:
- Say “hello, please and thank you”
- Help someone else
- Listen deeply and with curiosity
- Be positive
- Hire people and not “bodies”
- Show a sincere interest in people
- Focus on the opportunity in a problem
- Learn from your mistakes and help others to learn from theirs
- Ask response questions such as Describe, Explain, Tell me about
- Focus more on people than on numbers
- Be a person of integrity
- Shine a light on humanness
- Hire for potential not efficiency
- Appreciate and encourage
Deming used to say, “What is the multiplying factor of a happy employee? What is the multiplying factor of an unhappy employee? Nobody knows. It cannot be measured. That’s why it has no significance.”
Thankfully these days we know that happy employees are more productive employees. Please read this Forbes Article “Promoting Employee Happiness Benefits Everyone”.
Now, here is the thing. If you are someone who would like to be happier in your life, I can tell you what won’t create happiness.
- The house, the car, more stuff
Thoughts such as “I will be happy when….” are all too common. If people focus too much on big life events and not enough on day-to-day experiences, happiness is only short-lived.
Examples of day-to-day experiences could be:
- enjoying a good cup of coffee
- helping someone else by giving them a chance
- learning something new
- making time for a phone call with someone far away
- exploring new areas in your neighbourhood
- being fully present with your children
- having a nice family dinner
- going for a run (or any other sport)
- playing with your pet
- reading a good book
- doing something that is good for you (self-care)
- going for a nice long walk in nature
- planning a special date night, etc.
Did you know that our brains become addicted to feeling good by making others feel good?
The only strategies for long-term happiness are 1) personal growth and 2) contribution.
Can you see why making a difference should be part of your life plan?
Food for Thought:
What will you do differently today?
Please read the article:
If you think it is about time to explore what coaching is all about, schedule a call and see if coaching is right for you.
Schedule a call and receive a free tour behind the scenes:
Contact us via email or phone today by Clicking here.
Have you subscribed to my YouTube channel yet? Click here.